We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Zucchini "Gribovsky 37" belongs to the white-fruit varieties very popular in our country and fully ripens in about a month and a half after the emergence of seedlings. This mid-season variety has proven itself when grown in home gardening in most regions of our country.
Description and characteristics of the variety
The main advantage of the Gribovsky variety is its high unpretentiousness to cultivation conditions, as well as good resistance to many of the most common diseases.
The fruits of this medium early variety are intended for fresh use and for the purpose of preservation, have excellent taste, as well as high commercial qualities. Fruits are white or light green in color, 18-20 cm long, cylindrical in shape, with a smooth surface. The flesh is white, with a medium density consistency.
The average weight of the marketable fruit is about 0.75-1.35 kg. The plant is a bush with strong branching. The variety belongs to the category of high-yielding. Subject to cultivation technology, the average yield is about 8.5 kg per square meter.
Zucchini is a heat-loving vegetable crop, therefore, in order to obtain early production, many gardeners use a seedling method of cultivation. It is important to remember that in the conditions of central Russia, the timing of sowing seed material for growing seedlings may vary slightly:
- for early vegetable production, sowing for seedlings is carried out from the last decade of April until mid-May;
- in order to obtain vegetable products suitable for long-term storage or preservation, sowing must be carried out in the last decade of May.
As a rule, sowing the seeds of zucchini to obtain high-quality and strong seedlings is carried out about a month before the expected date of planting on ridges of open ground.
It is best to take peat pots for growing zucchini seedlings. However, you can use other individual landing tanks of sufficient size. The description of the plant and its varietal characteristics suggest the use of pots with a volume of at least 100 ml and a height of 8-10 cm.
How to plant zucchini
When growing seedlings, the following recommendations should be followed:
- the soil for growing seedlings should be fertile and loose, so it is advisable to use ready-made soil mixtures for planting;
- the sowing depth of prepared for planting and previously soaked zucchini seeds should be about 4-5 cm;
- a week after germination, the first top dressing with a solution based on 0.5 tbsp. l superphosphate and the same amount of urea diluted in a liter of warm water;
- it is allowed to fertilize the shoots of zucchini with the very effective Bud tool;
- the second top dressing is required to be carried out ten days after the first with the use of a solution of nitrophosphate with the addition of wood ash;
- for irrigation water is used at a temperature of 21-23 ° C at the rate of 100 ml per plant;
- seedlings need to be watered no more than twice a week, which will reduce the risk of decay of the root system of plants.
High-quality seedlings are strong and have at least three true leaves. Before transplanting seedlings into open ground, it is necessary to conduct hardening procedures. Seedlings should be buried in the planting holes to cotyledon leaves. The standard planting scheme for seedlings of zucchini of this variety is 70 × 70 cm.
Activities for the care of zucchini varieties "Gribovsky" are standard and include irrigation, weeding, top dressing and loosening of the soil, as well as implementation of protective treatments for vegetables:
- the first loosening is carried out a week after planting seedlings in a permanent place;
- at the age of a month, a vegetable crop needs to be fed, spending for every ten plants a solution of 40 g of superphosphate, 20 g of ammonium nitrate and 20 g of potassium salts diluted in a bucket of water;
- for the second top dressing, it is recommended to use organic fertilizers in the form of bird droppings, diluted in a ratio of 1: 15, or mullein, diluted in a ratio of 1: 10;
- to attract pollinating insects, you can periodically spray plants with sugar syrup;
- watering is carried out in the evening, and the amount of water consumed depends on the type of soil, weather factors and the stage of development of the plant.
It should be remembered that for long-term storage of fruits, watering plants should be stopped about a week before harvesting.
Reviews and advice gardeners
According to the observations of vegetable growers, the variety has very good resistance to diseases such as powdery mildew, bacteriosis, and fruit rot, which reduces the number of treatments using strong chemicals and contributes to more environmentally friendly vegetable products. The plant is also characterized by resistance to low temperature conditions. A sufficiently hard peel provides good transportability of the fruit, which makes the variety in demand for cultivation for the purpose of implementation.