We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Greenhouse constructions and hotbeds have been used for a long time in the conditions of home gardening and have proven themselves in the cultivation of most garden and berry crops.
The use of sheltered soil in adverse climatic conditions guarantees optimal plant development and the formation of an early crop. Knowing how to process the greenhouse after the end of winter, the gardener gets the opportunity to get not only the highest possible yield, but also very high-quality vegetable products.
Features of the spring preparation of the greenhouse for planting
The main condition for observing the rules for planting seedlings or sowing seeds in the spring is the correctly prepared preparation of ridges of protected soil, as well as sanitization before planting not only the soil, but also the structure itself from diseases and the most common pests. The methods of preparing the land in the greenhouse and the substances that allow for the highest quality disinfection in order to get rid of pests and infections can be different. However, it is best to use the most modern and effective drugs for this purpose, helping to disinfect the greenhouse or greenhouse structure and soil with minimal time and effort.
Properly performed disinfection after winter not only destroys absolutely all pathogenic microflora, pathogens and managed to winter plant parasites in the greenhouse, but also guarantees the production of environmentally friendly vegetable or berry products.
Soil preparation in the greenhouse after winter
Construction Processing Tools
The greenhouse design should be processed in the early spring. It is not difficult to disinfect a greenhouse or greenhouse quickly and efficiently, but a number of requirements must be observed, as well as Strictly follow the instructions for the use of drugs and products used:
- remove from the greenhouse all weedy vegetation, plant binding agents and supporting pegs;
- the film coating and glass should be thoroughly washed with a standard warm soapy solution;
- structural parts made of PVC or metal should be washed with an aqueous solution of table vinegar;
- to process the coating in the form of cellular polycarbonate is recommended with a weak pink solution of potassium permanganate;
- To wash the greenhouse coating, use exceptionally soft sponges that are not able to scratch the surface;
- mold and other fungal microflora can be destroyed by means of a 5% solution of iron sulfate.
Currently, several tools are used to quickly and efficiently clean the greenhouse from unwanted microflora:
- In the presence of a plastic frame, it is advisable to carry out processing with a sulfur block, forming in the combustion process gas pervasive and toxic to pathogenic microflora. This treatment is very effective and able to protect against spider mites, molds and other plant parasites or diseases. During processing, safety precautions should be followed, and after five days, carry out active ventilation of the structure.
- Relatively safe for plants is the method of spring disinfection with a solution of bleach, which is prepared at the rate of 400 g of the drug per 10 liters of water. The resulting infusion should be infused for a day in a cool room, after which all parts of the greenhouse structure are sprayed from the garden spray.
Of no small importance is the visual inspection of the integrity of the frame and the cover of the greenhouse structure. If necessary, repair or restoration work and replacement of elements that have lost their integrity with new ones are carried out.
Soil Processing Rules
As a rule, soil disinfection in a greenhouse is carried out in the autumn period, immediately after harvesting, at the stage of preparation of protected soil ridges for winter. Nevertheless, if necessary, it is allowed to carry out such agricultural activities in the spring.
Processing greenhouse soil in the spring is one of the most troublesome sanitary measures, the further health of plants and the level of productivity depend on the quality of which Most vegetable growers and gardeners use well-known and time-tested chemicals for this purpose, including bleach, lime, copper sulfate and Bordeaux mixture, as well as sulfur. Nevertheless, in recent years, summer residents increasingly prefer less effective, but absolutely safe modern and quite popular biological products, which allow to obtain environmentally friendly products.
|Drug name||Directional action||Mode of application|
|"Fitosporin"||Against defeat by powdery mildew, rust, all types of rot, fusarium infection, late blight, scab, alternariosis and rhizoctonia. Protects against aphids and other plant parasites||1 tbsp. spoon of the product in 10 liters of water|
|Baikal EM||Suppresses the growth and development of root rot pathogens||2 caps or 1 tbsp. spoon funds in a bucket of water|
|Glyocladin||Against root rot pathogens||1 tablet in 300 ml of water|
|Gamair||Suppression of bacterial and some fungal diseases in the soil||1 package is intended for an area of 1 ha|
According to experienced gardeners, a very good result in obtaining the purest of bacterial microflora and fertile soil can be achieved by processing garden soil two days before planting with a solution based on a microbiological preparation Emix.
Tips & Tricks
In the spring, it is advisable to replace the greenhouse soil with a new soil mixture, which is due to a significant accumulation of pathogenic microflora in the upper soil layers. Replacing the top layer with a thickness of 10 cm can improve soil performance by 80−90%. In addition, before sowing vegetable, green or berry crops on greenhouse ridges, fertilizers must be added for digging.
Greenhouse Processing: Sulfur Check
You can easily and effectively fertilize the ridges in the greenhouse by carrying out short-term cultivation of green manure. Siderata contribute to the enrichment of the soil and improve its quality indicators in a very short time and with minimal effort and money. The main methods of preparing the greenhouse and the soil of the protected soil for sowing spring work are listed in the Handbook of the skilled gardener Oktyabrina Ganichkina.