We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Raspberry "Himbo-Top", or "Himbo-Top", is the newest high-yielding Swiss variety that can surprise even experienced gardeners. This registered trademark for Rafzaku, or Rafzaqu, was launched by Swiss breeder Peter Hauenstein at the Rafz test station. The variety was obtained as a result of work on crossing raspberries “OTM-Bliss” and “Himba-Queen”, or “Rafzeter”. The copyright of the variety is Promo-Fruit AG.
Remontant raspberries of the Khimbo-Top variety belong to vigorous berry plants forming long, lateral type fruit branches. Shoots are tall, powerful and sprawling. It is characterized as a berry culture that is absolutely undemanding to soil fertility. The fruiting period begins 5-7 days later than the parental varieties and lasts for two months.
The berries are very large, large and aligned. The average weight of marketable berries can be 6-8 g. The pulp of a ripe berry has an average density. The surface is attractive, with a characteristic sheen. The berry does not chop until the end of the fruiting period and is quite easily removed from the fruit. The taste of ripe berries is excellent. Peak crop yields in August. Productivity for the season is very high, at least 3 kg per each berry plant.
The berry is very resistant to sunburn, which is very important when cultivated in the southern regions. The variety has a pronounced resistance to root rot damage, including when grown in areas where the soil is infected with Phitophtora − fragariavar.rubi.
Raspberry "Himbo-Top": variety description
Raspberry "Himbo-Top" is a very unpretentious variety that easily adapts to almost any soil. It is very successfully cultivated on heavy soils. It is characterized as raspberry of intensive type of cultivation. A sparse planting pattern is recommended.
The presence of elongated lateral berry twigs suggests the location of plantings with a distance between adjacent rows of at least 2.5–3 m. Raspberries are planted in specially prepared planting pits or trenches. Pits should be 50-60 cm wide, and the depth should not exceed 40−45 cm. Pits and trenches are planted for planting approximately 2-3 weeks before planting prepared plants.
Raspberries called "Himbo-Top" are very undemanding not only in planting, but also in the seasonal care of plants:
- in the first two or three years after planting under wintering plants in the spring, exclusively nitrogen fertilizers are applied in the form of 15-17 g of urea for each square meter of raspberry;
- after the first spring soil loosening, it is recommended to sprinkle organic fertilizers around the plants in the form of high-quality humus or compost;
- phosphorus-potassium top dressing is applied in the autumn period, no more than once every three years, in the form of 125-145 g of superphosphate and 100 g of potassium sulfate for each square meter of raspberry;
- watering should be carried out as the soil dries up, using a significant amount of water that can qualitatively moisten the soil at a depth of the root system of the plant;
- when growing this foreign variety, it is necessary to tie the annual shoots of the plant to temporary trellis structures. Such support helps to significantly facilitate the collection of ripened berries;
- inspections of plants should be carried out systematically for damage by diseases and pests, and if necessary, spray with systemic drugs and cut out thin, damaged shoots;
- for winter, after pruning, it is recommended to bend raspberry shoots to the ground.
The Khimbo-Top raspberry variety description was of interest not only to gardeners, but also to small farms. When cultivating crops in greenhouse structures and film tunnels, harvesting continues until the first decade of November. The variety, according to the experience of gardeners, really confirms the stated resistance to many diseases of raspberries. It is perfect for home gardening and is characterized by the presence of autumn and summer fruiting.
How to plant raspberries
The structure of the bush of raspberries of the Himbo-Top variety is very convenient and contributes to the easiest collection of ripe berries. This is an ideal variety for supporters of organic or biological production of berry products on a personal plot. In the first year it gives a significant crop when planting in the spring. According to gardeners, Khimbo-Top raspberries are market varieties and, thanks to their excellent taste and attractive external data, are berry products that are in great demand among consumers.