We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It takes some time to find the right variety, the characteristics of which fully satisfy the needs of the family. "Country bins" - a large-sized tomato, which is also very fruitful.
Basic ideas about the variety
The description of the variety will give the summer resident the opportunity to understand whether it is suitable for growing on the site and how to grow it correctly in order to get a good harvest.
- 2 m tall.
- 5-6 tomatoes per cluster.
- Ripens within 105-115 days.
- Shape: plum-shaped.
- Mass: 200-450 gr.
- Color: red.
- Skin: thin.
- Transportability: good.
- Shelf life: month.
Planting and leaving
Tomatoes of this variety are planted in a greenhouse, open ground and under covering materials. A seedling growing method is used. Seeds are sown 2 months before transferring to a permanent place.
In order for the seedlings to be stronger, it is recommended to carry out the following activities:
- Dive. Seating in separate containers can help reduce transplant stress.
- Hardening. Why is it taken out into sunlight for 10 days. At first for 20 minutes, gradually increasing the time spent outdoors up to 7-8 hours.
- Top dressing with drugs that stimulate growth, adherence to heat and light conditions.
Landing in open ground is carried out taking into account regional weather conditions. 1 m2 place 4-6 bushes. When planting a plant, be sure to tie it up, as heavy fruits can break off the brushes.
The bush requires mandatory formation. The best result is achieved when all stepchildren are removed. Leave one stem.
Watering is carried out in the evening, warm water is used. Weeding, loosening, hilling are carried out for the prevention of diseases.
Harvest volume and application
"Country bins" - large-fruited tomatoes, in one brush - 5-6 fruits, on one plant 8 brushes. Therefore, 1 bush can produce 9 kg of fruit. The yield is high, subject to the basic agrotechnical requirements.
Due to their large size, tomatoes are not used for whole fruit canning.
But housewives who grow them on plots harvest them for the winter in pieces in their own juice. Also, the variety is used for the preparation of tomato juice, pasta, ketchup, sauces. Fresh fruit has excellent taste.
Positive and negative characteristics of the variety
Dividing the properties of a tomato into pros and cons helps the grower in making the final decision whether to grow a variety or not.
- high yield;
- fruits do not crack, are stored for a long time and tolerate transportation;
- excellent taste;
- suitable for many types of winter preparations.
- requires formation;
- must be treated for diseases.
What gardeners say about tomatoes "Country bins"
Full information about the variety of interest can be obtained by reading the reviews of those who planted the plant on the site.
- Helena. I grew it up for the first time. The experience is not very successful, but the landing conditions are to blame. Next year I will repeat the experience, if you like it, I will plant more.
- Pavel. One plant was planted per sample, intrigued by the characteristics. The result is pleasing. Shaped into one stem. I tied up both the plant and the brushes.
- Alexandra. I sat down on the advice of the seller in the store. I didn’t regret it, as the whole family was delighted with the taste of fresh fruits.
"Country bins" are suitable for lovers of fresh fruits and juice. And their harvests will delight any gardener.