We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lingonberry compote, prepared for the winter, has a lot of useful properties. The healing capabilities of these fruits perfectly relieve the first symptoms of colds and SARS, jaundice, intestinal infections, rheumatism, scurvy. In addition, the lingonberry drink has a tonic and calming effect, thereby helping to eliminate neurological disorders and stress conditions.
Recommendations for the preparation of lingonberry compotes
The main rule of future success is fruits of the same ripeness and size. Compote should not be overexposed on fire. A properly brewed drink will not leave sediment, and the berries will remain intact.
Important! In order for the compote in the jar to be transparent, pleasing with its ruby color and have no sediment, the fruits should be washed well before cooking and left to dry completely. And during cooking, pour only into boiling water.
Preparation of the main ingredient
Before the direct canning process, fresh berries are sorted out, cleaned of debris and leaf remnants. Lingonberries are washed with extreme care. In order not to damage the delicate skin, it is folded into a colander and dipped in a container with cool water. Special requirements are placed on tableware. Do not allow berries to come into contact with aluminum alloys.
In the arsenal of every experienced housewife, there are several options for preserving lingonberry compote. They differ in the way, processing time of the main ingredient, as well as additional components.
Important! Few people know, but such compotes help to reduce weight. Therefore, if a girl is watching her figure, such a drink should be consumed regularly. It promotes the "burning" of fat and at the same time, due to the large amount of useful trace elements, has a beneficial effect on the entire body.
A simple recipe for the winter
The easiest compote for the winter. The drink has a tart taste and slight sourness. It not only refreshes, but also guarantees the missing micronutrients in the autumn-winter period.
For 2 liters of water is taken:
- 200 g sugar;
- 250 g of berries.
- Sugar is poured into boiling water.
- After its complete dissolution, correctly prepared berries are added.
- Three minutes after boiling, the hot compote is poured into a glass container.
- Then the drink is pasteurized for 10-15 minutes, after which it must be rolled up.
Warm jars are turned upside down, placed on a flat surface, wrapped in a woolen blanket. After complete cooling, they are sent to the basement.
Many housewives are convinced that a drink prepared without sterilization is more useful. But it is not recommended to store such a blank in an apartment. Better to put it in the basement, where the temperature is lower.
To prepare a 3-liter jar of compote, you will need:
- 2 cups lingonberries;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- Pour the berries into a jar, pour boiling water over, leave for twenty minutes.
- After that, drain the water into a saucepan, add sugar, boil.
- Pour the syrup back into the jar and roll up.
Important! Compote can be stored well without sterilization and does not lose its medicinal properties.
With the addition of orange
The use of an orange helps to neutralize the bitter taste of lingonberry. Citrus can be used with or without the peel. The compote turns out to be unusually fragrant. It is this version of the lingonberry drink that children really like.
Ingredients for 3 liters:
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup lingonberries;
- 1 - 1.5 cups of sugar;
To make compote, you will need:
- Pour clean lingonberries into a jar.
- Peel the orange, cut into pieces and put in the same place.
- Add sugar, add water.
- Sterilize for about ten minutes, cork.
With the addition of an apple
The drink has a bright color and a pleasant aftertaste. Lingonberry goes well with apple. Why this recipe is very popular among housewives. And the amount of sugar can always be changed at your discretion.
For a three-liter can you will need:
- about 2 liters of water;
- 300 grams of ripe berries;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- one large apple;
- half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- The fruits should be washed under running water and dried.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add sugar, cinnamon and boil.
- Place berries and apple slices in hot syrup.
- Boiled for 10 minutes, poured into jars and pasteurized for another 5 minutes.
- Close with lids, turn over and wrap with a blanket.
Not all pears are suitable for compote. When choosing fruits, you should first of all pay attention to their ripeness. They should not be overripe or very green. To check this point, you should lightly press your finger near the handle. The pulp of the desired ripeness will not be firm, but it will not easily break down.
A three-liter jar will require:
- 200 grams of lingonberries;
- 0.5 cups of sugar;
- about two liters of water;
- 0.5 kilograms of pears.
- Lingonberries are placed in an enamel pan with hot syrup, brought to a boil.
- Then washed and peeled pears are sent to the lingonberry.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. After that, the finished compote is poured into jars and closed.
Advice! Fresh lingonberries are always difficult to get, so frozen berries are becoming an alternative for many housewives. They are also suitable for conservation. The only thing is that the fruits are completely defrosted before cooking.
Ingredients for 1 can:
- 1.5 cups berries;
- 2 cups sugar;
- 2 liters of water.
- Boil sugar and water.
- Add previously defrosted berries.
- Cook for five minutes, pour into a jar.
How to store lingonberry compote?
It is better to store beverage cans in a cool place, out of direct sunlight. Ideal: basement, storage room, balcony.