We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Harvesting whole pickled eggplants for the winter allows you to prepare many delicious dishes. This applies to simple salads or those that use meat. By adding blue ones to stews, you can make food more satisfying, and by frying them in a stew, you can use them with potatoes. Having made such a blank, you can be sure that in winter it can be used both for daily meals and for the festive table.
Features of pickling whole eggplants for the winter
It is important to use small blue ones for recipes without visible damage. If they are, they will have to be cut off, and it is better not to use damaged eggplant.
How to choose and prepare the right ingredients
When choosing fruits, you need to make sure that they are small in size. This is important to ensure that they fit well in the container. These little blue seeds have small seeds, which should improve the taste of the product.
Preparing containers for the start of the process
Jars with lids must be sterilized. This can be done in the microwave by placing them in there with a little water inside.
The most delicious recipes
There are many such recipes. The most delicious and popular of them are offered here.
Whole eggplant, pickled for the winter
It will be necessary to use the following components for manufacturing:
- 2 kg eggplant;
- half sweet pepper;
- half a garlic head;
- four or five tablespoons of vinegar;
- 160 g salt;
- you need 2 liters of water.
Manufacturing is carried out in this way:
- It is necessary to carefully examine the fruits. It is important that there are no traces of rot or mechanical damage on them. They must be washed and the green stalks cut off. Whole fruits are lightly pierced with a knife in several places.
- Pour water into a saucepan and add salt. Eggplants are put in it and put on the fire. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. During processing, they are turned over and heated so that they are processed evenly. As a result of this procedure, natural bitterness should go away.
- Now the container is being processed. It is placed in the microwave with water and processed for 10 minutes. After that, the containers are exposed, water is poured out of them and dried. To sterilize the lids, they are boiled in salt water.
- Wash the pepper, remove the leg and seeds. It must be cut into thin strips. The teeth are cleaned and washed, the larger ones are cut into pieces. The prepared components are placed on the bottom of the container.
- The boiled fruits must be taken out and put on a plate. They need to cool down. Fill the container tightly with vegetables to the neck. Pepper and garlic can be added on top.
- The marinade where the blue ones were cooked is boiled and poured into a jar.
- Jars with blanks are placed in a saucepan, water is poured up to the shoulders and boiled. The boiling time depends on the volume of the containers. For liter it is 10 minutes.
Then they roll up the lids, turn the cans over, wrap them with a blanket and let them cool.
Option without sterilization
To prepare whole eggplants for the winter, you will need:
- 8-9 kg of blue;
- 5-6 bay leaves;
- 3 liters of water for making the marinade;
- a large spoonful of granulated sugar;
- Art. a spoonful of salt;
- vinegar 9% 150 ml;
- 10 peas of aromatic pepper.
Cooking is done in this way:
- The washed and peeled eggplants are placed in a pot of salt water and boiled for no more than 10 minutes. If they are small, you can limit yourself to 7 minutes.
- When boiling, turn the eggplants over and immerse them in liquid.
- To prepare the marinade, spices are added to clean water in a saucepan and brought to a boil. Vinegar is not used at this stage.
- Prepared vegetables are placed in sterilized jars. When they are full, add the vinegar, then the marinade to the top of the container.
After that, the cans are rolled up, turned over, wrapped in a blanket and allowed to cool to room temperature.
With chili and cilantro
To prepare whole pickled eggplants for the winter, you need to prepare:
- one hot chili pod;
- 6 garlic cloves;
- you need to take 2 bunches of cilantro;
- small eggplants are needed, 1 kg;
- 1 large spoonful of vinegar;
- salt will need to be added to taste.
To make marinated eggplant with chili and cilantro, follow these steps:
- The blue ones are thoroughly washed, then the stalk is cut off.
- Pour water into a saucepan, salt and put eggplants there. They need to be blanched for 5 minutes.
- The blue ones are taken out of the water, allowed to drain and cut into two-thirds of the length. The incision is made from the side where the stalk was.
- Now we need to prepare the filling. Chop cilantro, garlic teeth, chili pod. It remains to add vinegar and salt to taste.
- The filling is placed inside each eggplant.
- The blue ones must be tightly placed in a plastic bucket. A plate of a suitable size is placed on top and oppression is set.
- They put it in a cool place for two weeks. During this time, the fruits will start juice.
After the preparation is finished, the dish can be tasted. It should be kept in the refrigerator throughout the winter.
How to store workpieces correctly
Store the product in jars in a cool place. For this, a refrigerator or basement is suitable. Pickled eggplants must be refrigerated.