We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Dolomite f1" refers to early ripening parthenocarpic hybrid forms and is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for cultivation in open ground in smallholders. The originator of the hybrid form "Dolomit" is Nunhems B.V.
Cucumbers "Dolomite f1", or "Dolomit", are characterized by an early entry into mass fruiting, medium-sized shrubs with medium weaving and bundle ovaries are formed. Lateral shoots are characterized by good regrowth. A feature of the hybrid form is the female type of flowering.
The length of cylindrical greenery is 10-14 cm. The surface is smooth. The diameter of the green leaf in the cross section is 3.5-4 cm. The average weight does not exceed 100 g. The pulp is juicy and tasty, without voids and bitterness.
The early-ripening hybrid form not only has a very attractive appearance, high taste and marketability, but also has resistance to diseases, including powdery mildew, VOM-1 and cladosporiosis. Commodity yield reaches 4.9 kg / sq. m
Dutch breeders are famous for high-quality hybrid cucumbers, and it was the hybrid Dolomite form that received a large number of positive ratings of gardeners due to the following characteristics and description:
- very early hybrid form with finely tuberous greenery;
- open type plants, which contributes to easy care and harvesting;
- the presence of a thin peel and crisp pulp;
- ideal for pickling and pickling;
- high and long yield;
- product appeal;
- high level of resistance to the main, most common diseases of this vegetable crop.
How to tie cucumbers
Dolomite f1 cucumbers maintain high performance indicators when cultivating a vegetable crop in order to obtain high-quality pickles and gherkins. Each climatic zone has its own time for sowing cucumber seeds in open ground. Despite sufficient resistance to low temperature indicators, sowing seeds on ridges in open ground is possible only when the soil temperature reaches 18 ° C, which guarantees a high level of germination.
Proper preparation of seed material for sowing helps to increase the total yield and yield of early production of cucumber. Planting prepared seed material of cucumbers, which are intended for cultivation in greenhouse conditions, is carried out in the same way as when growing seedlings for cultivation in open ground conditions.
Dates of sowing seeds in the middle zone of Russia begin in the first ten days of May and end in early June. However, when cucumbers are planted in open ground with seedlings, the first crop is usually obtained earlier by about two weeks. To get an early crop of cucumbers, you need to prepare the most loose, porous soil with a sufficient amount of nutrients.
Cucumbers from Dutch breeders called "Dolomite" do not need special care, and the main growing technology is as follows:
- cucumber ridges in open ground is best watered with warm water along the furrows, which should be made between rows and covered after irrigation with dry grass or straw;
- fertilizers should be combined with heavy irrigation, and mineral fertilizing is recommended to be supplemented with organic substances;
- when feeding cucumbers, it is very important to consider not only the biological characteristics of the development of this vegetable crop, but also the degree of soil fertility;
- optimal temperature indicators of air for the growth and development of cucumbers should be about + 22-26 ° C, and the soil temperature should not be lower than +22 ° C;
- ridges with cucumbers need to be weeded in a timely manner, without allowing weeds to clog the sprouts of a freshly planted or sown vegetable crop.
In order for the greenery of the cucumber not to fall off and not to rot from contact with moist soil, the bushes are tied. If without tying cucumber lashes, the yield of cucumbers per season does not exceed 2-3 kg / sq. m, then the tied and properly formed bushes of this vegetable crop form at least 5 kg per square meter.
Reviews of gardeners
Cucumber "Dolomite" from each sinus forms about 6-8 very aligned and beautiful cucumbers. The hybrid form is just perfect for use in the canning industry. The ripened greens have wonderful taste characteristics when salted or pickled.
The sufficiently thin skin of cucumber greens and crispy flesh, which does not lose its quality characteristics after salting and pickling, provide excellent taste qualities of the finished product. Hybrid cucumbers are able to produce the most stable and high-quality crop throughout the growing season.
Cucumbers: planting and care
Plants are able to quickly restore growth and development after exposure to cucumbers of extreme stressful conditions, which can be represented by malfunctions in moisture supply, hot weather conditions, as well as fungal infections. The hybrid form of Dolomite cucumbers has a relatively high resistance to peronosporosis, which is also very important when growing in home gardens.