We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The "Thumbelina" pear of the autumn maturity was bred by experienced breeders of VSTISiP as a result of pollination of interspecific hybrid No. 9 with a pollen mixture of southern varieties. Description of the variety and its characteristics are given by the authors. This variety has recently been zoned for cultivation in the Central Federal District.
Characterization and description of the variety
A pear under the very symbolic name "Thumbelina" has become most widespread in household plots and garden plots in Moscow and surrounding areas.
Trees are low, characterized by slow growth. The crown is quite thick, slightly drooping, rounded in shape. The shoots are short. The leaves are medium in size, with a smooth surface.
The fruits are medium-sized, symmetrical pear-ovate. The average weight of a ripe pear is 55-65 g. The peel is very thin, smooth, with a continuous coating rusted golden brown, which is a varietal feature. The main color of the fruit is yellow. The integumentary coloring is practically absent.
The flesh is cream colored, oily, very juicy, melting, tender, with a pronounced aroma. The taste is sweet, dessert type, with almost imperceptible sourness. The fruits have excellent taste, regardless of weather conditions and are intended for fresh consumption..
How to plant a pear
Measures to protect against leaflets
Particular harm to the grade "Thumbelina" is caused by caterpillars of the leaflet, who live in the foliage of fruit trees. The most widespread plant parasite was in the Non-Chernozem zone. On pears grown in home gardening in the Moscow, Leningrad and Vladimir regions, you can often find a rosette leaflet, characterized by a golden or brownish-yellow color.
Processing of garden plantings from this pest should begin in the early spring. The drug "30" has good effectiveness, which should be sprayed with plants after snow melts. Very effective treatments include pear processing. "Atom, Binom, Zolon, as well as powerful insecticides "Landing" and "Terradim".
Irreparable damage to fruit trees can be caused by young caterpillars, which should be destroyed "Lepidocide" "Bitoxibacillin" or "Fitoverm." It is recommended to carry out processing with these biological products in warm, dry and calm weather. Experienced gardeners have long confirmed the effectiveness against leafworms of such very famous pyrethroids as Aivengo, Qi-Alpha and Fastak.
To pear "Thumbelina" retained its high productivity for many years, withKeep to simple care measures:
- it is necessary to strictly monitor that the soil around fruit trees is always loose, without weed vegetation and not dry;
- the standard irrigation rate for a pear tree is two or three buckets of water for each square meter of the trunk area;
- spring feeding is carried out using nitrogen-containing fertilizers, including urea, nitrate or chicken droppings;
- you can activate all vegetation processes, as well as saturate pear plants with organic matter, using nitroammophoska;
- foliar top dressing of fruit stands in July has good efficiency;
- in the middle of summer, it is recommended to feed the pear with phosphorus and potassium;
- the most effective preparation of fruit trees for the winter period allows the introduction of a solution based on 1 tbsp. l potassium chloride and 2 tbsp. l granular superphosphate diluted in 10 l of water;
- regular regular pruning of the tree contributes to good fruiting and the creation of a strong skeleton of the plant, which can withstand the load of the crop.
Protective measures aimed at preventing damage to garden plants by diseases and plant parasites are carried out from early spring until late autumn.
Pear "Thumbelina" forms fairly small fruits, but this minus is leveled thanks to the amazing taste of pears. Gardeners affectionately call this variety "Alyonushka" or "Nevelichka and, judging by the reviews, are not going to replace it with more modern and large-fruited varieties.
How to grow a pear
Despite the emergence of a significant number of new and very promising pear varieties bred by domestic and foreign breeders in recent years, Thumbelina is still one of the best varieties of autumn ripening for cultivation in the soil and climatic conditions of the Moscow Region.